To be eligible to participate in intercollegiate athletics, a student shall meet the requirements of the National Junior College Athletic Association and Anne Arundel Community College.
In addition to the National Junior College Athletic Association requirements, a first-year participant shall receive a minimum 1.75 adjusted grade point average, which omits repeated, forgiven and developmental courses. A second-year participant shall achieve a minimum 2.00 adjusted grade point average, which omits repeated, forgiven and developmental courses. Participants must comply with all college policies, particularly regarding demonstration of residency for tuition purposes. To establish and maintain eligibility, participants must pay all tuition and fees by the scheduled due date.
Eligibility for all transfer students who wish to participate in intercollegiate athletics will be assessed based upon the transcripts from all previously attended postsecondary institutions. They shall comply with the standards enumerated previously, according to their years of participation at the collegiate level with regards to the specific sport.
To be considered for NJCAA and AACC Eligibility Student-Athletes shall:
- Maintain full-time enrollment (min. 12 credits) for the duration of the semester of the regular season.
- Submit Official High School Transcripts showing graduation OR provide GED documentation
- Students who graduated from a Home School program must provide additional documentation
- Student who graduated from an International High School must have all transcripts evaluated by https://www.wes.org/
- Submit Official Transcripts from all previously attended college(s)
- Complete all required AACC Eligibility Compliance Forms
- Provide documentation of a completed Physical within the last 13 months
- Attend an eligibility meeting with a member of the athletic department
The NJCAA allows two years of eligibility within a given sport governed by the NJCAA unless eligibility has previously been exhausted. Participation includes, but is not limited to, any amount of participation within an NJCAA regular season contest, club sport at a college or university, and/or a college or university athletic program.
Get more information at the NJCAA Eligibility Corner or contact the AACC Athletics Office at 410-777-2300.